Movie Trailer

I have a condition. It may be serious or not; I'm not sure. I have itchy feet. 

The call of the wild. Wanderlust. Peregrination. The wayward wind. Divagation. Itinerancy. Apodemialgia, which is the opposite of nostalgia. Not a desire to return to some wonderful past, but the urge to escape from wherever one is right now. The need to move, to be going somewhere. Anywhere. To have transient leanings. Vagabond blood. A nomadic gypsy soul.

Or maybe it’s just the feeling of not really belonging anywhere.

In my search to discover where I would be living for the next chunk of my life, I came up empty handed. It wasn’t for lack of lovely places or nice people… it is some unfulfilled place in my heart. And we all know that home is where the heart is. And my heart is on the move... My life is a movie.

So I bought a travel trailer, which are so named to distinguish them from the giant behemoths meant to be mounted on a permanent footing inside a trailer park designed to look like a neighborhood. My trailer is small and has a prominent hitch. It is meant to be on the road, going somewhere, chasing a dream.  So am I. Will you join me?

© 2017 Joan Cichon All Rights Reserved

Comments

  1. I'm in! Take me away, Joan. Take me someplace I've never been; somewhere new and yet achingly familiar. I can't wait to share your adventures with you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be with me interwebbed, linked by our writer's blood and the sisterhood of the traveling blog! And only a text message away...

      Delete

Post a Comment